Over 20 days ago, PG&E announced an "Updated Expanded Debris Removal Program". Today, it continues to tout the program. It has prepared a mailing to go out today for all of its affected customers. PG&E set a December 31st deadline to opt in.
To participate, PG&E requires the property owner to submit a debris removal authorization form. But that form doesn’t seem to exist. It has not been shown to the attorneys and it is not part of the PG&E mailing.
If you haven’t heard, here are the details of the program:
Does your tree qualify for free removal?
- Wood greater than 4 inch in diameter and 6 feet in length
- Within 100 feet of a structure or foundation
- Within 20 feet of main roads, driveways and private roads
- Where reasonably accessible by equipment/machinery
- If logs are unstable along steep banks and may block a watercourse or roadway
- Move, cut up or pile wood and leave on your property
- Chip and broadcast wood on site where accessible
- Haul donated wood away offsite